Look who is hiring!!! Highly recommend!
Offering warm, loving at home veterinary services for all of SCV and surrounding areas to all species of animals.
Look who is hiring!!! Highly recommend!
A-Z Vet is offering virtual exams with Dr. Anschultz for only the normal exam fee. The video session is good for 72 hrs after initial virtual exam, in case of more questions, clarification or updates.
Text the office to set up your appointment. Times are limited.
Hi everyone. In light of COVID-19, I want to share some protocols we have enacted effective immediately for A-Z Veterinary Services that may affect you. We have been getting a lot of new client calls because the chance of spread is less for a home visit versus a clinic visit.
This may be true, but we can only ensure that we are around if we are sticklers for hygiene and social distancing. With COVID now being in SCV, more cases are surely coming. The more we can do now, the more we can slow down the spread and give our elderly and immunocompromised clients (and family members) the best shot at beating, or better yet avoiding, this virus. In my opinion, enacting these measures is our civic duty to protect our most vulnerable citizens.
Our main goals:
1. Don’t get COVID-19.
2. Don’t give COVID-19.
1. If you or a family member are sick, even if it is just the sniffles, or if you are quarantined, for the love of all that is holy, please reschedule your appointment. So you may ask “What if my pet has an issue, what am I supposed to do?” Call us.
We are beginning telemedicine (virtual) options for the right scenario and may be able to help virtually with already established clients.
2. If one of our staff members is sick, they will not go into your house- most likely will NOT be working that day. This INCLUDES THE DOCTOR unfortunately.
3. We will maintain a 6-foot distance between a client’s two-legged family members and ourselves. This is in the spirit of “social distancing” that is recommended by the CDC to curtail the spread of this virus. We realize this is awkward and we hate it, as we tend to be hugging-type people, especially in times of letting an animal go, but this is very important.
4. Dog appointments will take place either outside or in a garage if at all possible.
5. Cat appointments will likely need to take place inside because, well, cats. But it is important to have your cat isolated in an area that we can get to your cat(s) easily and quickly. No “cat wild goose chases” will occur.
6. We will ask that you throw away the trash we create during our appointment (except needles of course) to reduce the risk of contamination.
7. We may call you the morning of your appointment or at your appointment time to get a history and talk about your concerns, prior to our entry to your home. We may also elect to call you after we examine your animal to discuss the plan/treatment. Again, to minimize contact and exposure.
8. We will rely on you to accurately weigh your animal prior to the appointment, so we don’t have to bring in our scale. We will only be bringing in what we need – no bags, equipment, etc. that isn’t necessary.
9. To keep things brief, and minimize electronics going in/out of homes as well as equipment. Payments can be excepted per Each visit per as always but don’t be offended when we wash our hands again if you provide a CC.
10. Please have soap available if we need it. Usually, we will keep soap/water in addition to hand sanitizer in our vehicles.
While this may seem “overkill” to some, I want to err on the side of overpreparing than underpreparing. If you don’t feel that you would like to adhere to these protocols, we do respect that and can forward your records to another veterinarian of your choice. I hope you understand that we are doing this so that we can ensure that we are around to help your animals if and when we are needed while also minimizing the spread of the virus to our most vulnerable human population. Let me know if you have any questions.
These measures are to protect not only us but you and your loved ones as well. We heavily rely on your honesty if someone has been or is currently dealing with any symptoms in the home and need to make sure we also keep our own families well. As many of you know Dr. A’s husband is immunocompromised and needs to be protected from COVID-19. So if anyone develops symptoms even after we have been there (within a few days) we beg you shoot us a call/text/email to inform us as well.
We are going to make it through all of this better for it.
Thank you for you cooperation and support!
A-Z Vet Family
*algorithm FB but seriously, all we truly need is Puppies and cookies
We are implementing TELEMEDICINE into our practice with the recent STATE OF EMERGENCY just announced. This means if you need your pet looked at and someone in your home is currently ill, you are worried about going out or any other reason we are able to conduct a Skype/online vet appointment to get your pet seen by a veterinarian.
Call or text to set this up, if in doubt don’t wait. We are extremely busy with all of the state of affairs.
** YES we even see frogs, this one is just for the algorithm of FB
Client just sent us this 😂🤣😂
Veterinarians and Santa work closer together than you think...
Even Santa recommends A-Z Veterinary Services...
PLEASE be very aware of how quickly temps can change for your pets...
😂😂😂 Ain't that the truth...
February is National Pet Dental Health Month🐾
Many pet owners don’t realize the importance of oral health for their pets overall well-being.
Start with an overall wellness exam in the comfort of your own home! We can evaluate and formulate a health plan for your pets needs.
KUDOS to clients who follow directions! Allows us to be able to enjoy our holidays as well!
Sooo wishing you all a spectacular Turkey Day! 🦃❤️🦃❤️🦃
A-Z Veterinary Services updated their phone number.
Dr. Anschultz will be out of town 7/23-7/27.
Calls/texts still received
Dr. Anschultz will be attending a conference out of town from 6/27-7/2
The main business phone was recently stolen. We are working diligently to rectify this. But unfortunately all contacts on phones, recent messages and texts over last few days have been lost. New phone is finally installed but no memory of precious contacts. Please feel free to send a text or leave a VM so we have your number again.
We apologize if there has been any delay in a response to you.
Dr. Anschultz will be out of town until 7/27.
Dr. Anschultz is out of town until Monday (7/10)
Dr. Anschultz will be unavailable 4/6-4/18. Will post her referral info soon.
Bark for Life at Bridgeport Park this morning. A-Z Vet doing our part, come on by and check out this awesome event!! 💙
Write a testimonial for A-Z Veterinary Services...
If you have had experience with A-Z, tell us your opinion?
It could make it on the website ❤️
Great way of teaching how #pet #obesity compares to humans. #veterinarian #veterinary #vetmed #vettech #vetlife
Dr. Anschultz will be out of town 7/6-7/7. Still available to hospice patients through text messages but will not be in town to see any appointments.
This is awesome! Great perspective of euthanasia from the pet's side.
Yesterday Was Weird . . . Yesterday was weird. I couldn’t get myself out of bed. The guy I live with lifted me up. I tried to get my legs under me, but they wouldn’t cooperate. He said, “Don’t worry, I gotcha buddy,” carried me downstairs, and out the front door. That was so nice of him. I needed to...
PSA - Please keep this in mind when you walk your dogs this summer. Stick to grass or take walks in the early morning or evening when it's cooler.
Santa Clarita, CA
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when A-Z Veterinary Services posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.