The Animal Advocates are in need of 2 part-time employees at our Pick of the Litter Thrift Shoppe. If interested come by Pick of the Litter and complete an application or you may call Pick of the Litter and speak with Manager Gavin Black at (803) 541- PETS (7387). We look forward to hearing from you! Please see the Job Description below:
Job Title: Sales Associate
Division: Pick of the Litter Shoppe
Reports To: Store Management and Board Members
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Sales Associates communicate with customers, provide information and ensure that customers are satisfied with their experience in the Pick of the Litter. Sales Associates represent the Animal Advocates. Specific job responsibilities may consist of:
• Perform cashier responsibilities.
• Maintain the integrity of the register and follow all sales transactions rules.
• Perform opening/closing functions as assigned.
• Help customers locate merchandise.
• Keep the immediate work area neat, clean, and uncluttered
• Greet donors, accept donations, and provide itemized receipts.
• Maintain merchandise in a clean, neat, and properly displayed manner.
• Ensure that all merchandise has a price tag.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by store management or POTL Co-Chairs.
• Perform duties while adhering to policies, procedures and safety standards at all times.
• Participate in periodic team meetings.
• Act with integrity, show courtesy, have a positive, approach to work, and take pride in work.
INTERACTION WITH CO-WORKERS:
POTL employees are team members. Employees are required to maintain positive relationships with their co-workers and provide assistance to other co-workers, which is an integral part of being in a team environment. Employees are also required to interact positively and professionally with other employees of The Animal Advocates organization.